- Date & time: Sun 11th Aug 2013 at 11:30
- Start time info: First trial starts 11:30. More details to follow
- Country: England
- Region: Lake District
- Category: Unknown GPS:
- Website: britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/mountain-running-challenge/
- Distance: Unknown
- Climb: Unknown
- Venue: Whinlatter Forest Visitor Centre, CA12 5TW. 20 min walk to start.
- Grid ref: NY209245
- Skills & experience: PM
- Entry on day?
- Entry on day fee: £8.00
Contact for Race Information
- Mark Johnston
- 3 Lovells Glen, Linlithgow Bridge, EH49 7TD
- 07717 623344
- Teams allowed:
- Male: No record information.
- Female: No record information.
- Other info:
New course, no records.
- Junior races:
- Other info:
Junior races at 11:30am (women) and 12:00 noon (men). Open to athletes born 1994-1997 inclusive. No races for younger runners.
Permit / Insurance
This race does not have a permit or insurance from the FRA.
Event incorporates the up and down trial races for selection of UK teams to compete in the World Mountain Running Championships and UKA Mountain Running Championship (senior individual).
11.30am: Junior Women’s Race 4.8km, 250m climb/descent
12.00pm: Senior/U23 Women’s/Junior Men’s Race 9.6km, 500m climb/descent
1.00pm: Senior/U23 Men’s Race 14.4km, 750m climb/descent
Age categories/distances are in line with WMRA guidelines rather than UKA/FRA
Courses will be marshalled and flagged.
See British Athletics website for information about selection criteria etc.
3rd event in the UK Mountain Running Challenge.
Free event parking is at the Revelin Moss Car Park (marshalled) a short walk from registration. Parking elsewhere incurs Forestry Commission charges.
Other races on this day
- 00:00am – Racekit Dark & White Mini-mm/trail Series 2
- 10:30am – Boulsworth
- 12:00pm – Lowther Trail
- 13:00pm – Gladstone 9
- 14:00pm – Forest Burn