The Crow Hill Reverse race on Tuesday 2nd August which was reported as cancelled, is now back on. The organiser/race contact is Reg Czudek and the venue is now the Dusty Miller pub in Mytholmroyd. Thanks Reg Czudek for taking it on. Full details are here.
A report was received that a runner competed in an English Championship race with his race number pinned to his shorts, not his vest. Having found the case proved, the FRA Disciplinary Sub-Committee decided that the runner would be banned from fell races for three months but that the ban should be suspended for a period of twelve months. The ban would come into effect if the runner were to break any of the FRA Requirements for Runners 2015 and 2016 “the Runners’ Rules” during the next twelve months.
Runners are reminded that the Runners’ Rules provide,
4. Race Numbers
Wear your race number on your chest and show it to marshals at check-points.
The race number is an essential part of running the race, to check that runners don’t skip a checkpoint and to keep track of runners who are lagging behind or have dropped out of the event.
If you put on a cagoule over your number be prepared to uncover it to show to race officials at checkpoints, so that the number can be recorded. Don’t fold or cut down numbers as this makes them more difficult to read and also conceals the sponsor’s name. Only shout out your number if you are asked to do so.
Due to high numbers booking on the course, we can offer an alternative weekend 1 on the 3rd / 4th September. The venue will be in the South Lakes / NW area. The 2nd weekend of the course remains the same ( 8/9th October ). A new application form can be founder here.
Another Fell LiRF will take place in Kendal on the 10th September. Details and application form are available here.
The Barrow race will go ahead as planned on Monday 29th August despite the cancellation of Keswick Show due to the Storm Desmond flooding. The course has been shortened slightly. Parking will be on the old road, and public toilets are available in the village. Full details here.
It is with great regret we have had to cancel both the Carlton challenge (4th May) and the Viking chase (9th September). After talks with the new land owners we failed to agree terms so we have decided that it is not in anyone's interest to try and host these events. Both of these races were intended as fund raisers for Cleveland Mountain Rescue Team (CMRT). The Viking chase has been run by CMRT for 15 years or so.
Sid Bollands (race organiser)
Remember folks if you move house and you want to continue to get your Fellrunner magazines and annual handbook and fixtures calendar, you also need to update your address in SiEntries by clicking on the Edit/Renew button on the left.
I am also getting several queries from members who have noticed payments leaving their accounts and then being returned. These are invariably old Standing Orders which will no longer work as subs are now collected by Direct Debit. If this applies to you then you just need tp cancel the old Standing Order with your bank.
Eligibility qualifications for the 2016 English Championships are as follows:
* 1. First claim member of an English club and registered with England Athletics. Runners must be members of the FRA if they are not registered with England Athletics.
* 2. First claim member of a club outside England which is registered with the appropriate home country athletics federation and either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* 3. Members of the FRA who are not a member of a club registered with England Athletics but either born in England or have been resident in England for a minimum of twelve months prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Runners qualifying under 2. or 3. above must notify the FRA Statistician (See FRA Committee pages towards the front of the handbook for contact details) either in writing or by e-mail prior to the date of the first Championship race.
* Clubs must be affiliated to England Athletics.
Click here to use Jim Godwin's race organiser program